This coming May i'll be riding the Golden Pipeline trail - a gravel road/trail from Kalgoorlie to Mundaring. Each night i will camp out in a tent under the stars to support Youth Futures. Youth Futures raises funds to support:
- Accommodation and support for homeless young people
- Activities and intensive support for young refugees
- Alternative education for disengaged youth and early school leavers
- Counselling for young victims of crime
- Driving programs for disadvantaged young people
- Drug Education and Support for homeless young people, and
- Emergency Relief (food hampers, clothing, medicine, furniture) for young people in financial stress.
The Route itself consists of:
- Day 1: 56 km (Kalgoorlie to Coolgardie)
- Day 2: 187 km (Coolgardie to Southern Cross)
- Day 3: 110 km (Southern Cross to Merredin)
- Day 4: 169 km (Merredin to Northam)
- Day 5: 103 km (Northam to Mundaring)
Total: 625 km
Please dig deep and donate towards the worthy cause. I will keep you updated via Social media on my progress of the ride!
The Pipeline Challenge is a five day mountain bike adventure that takes riders on an epic journey from Kalgoorlie to Perth, all for a good cause of course!
Together we can raise much needed funds for Youth Futures' Nest program, which provide accommodation and support to teen parents experiencing homelessness and domestic violence.
|JON MACRAE||06/14/2018||$120.00||do it again in 2019? join up with fellow IGGer's||Alison Stevens||05/09/2018||$100.00||better late than never||Russell Hogg||05/02/2018||$50.00||Emma Molloy||05/02/2018||$50.00||Have a great ride! Enjoy the journey and camping out.||Shay Denison||04/30/2018||$50.00||What a challenge to undertake, best of luck Greg||Christine Robinson||04/25/2018||$50.00||Enjoy your ride Greg , stay safe and drink plenty of water.||Neil Barry||04/23/2018||$50.00||Good luck on a great initiative||Paul Mitchell||04/22/2018||$50.00||Cory Saxon||04/22/2018||$300.00||Best of luck from Global Cabling!||Stephen Best||04/22/2018||$50.00||Good luck, not that you'll need it||Scott Reismanis||04/21/2018||$50.00||Only 600km? No biggie ;)||Rick Newman||04/20/2018||$100.00||Good work Greg.||Mike Butler||04/20/2018||$50.00||Good Luck Mate Drink lots of water.||Martin Dickson||04/20/2018||$50.00||John Macsok||02/28/2018||$100.00||Great to see you supporting this cause. Good luck on your ride and hope you enjoy the pipeline.||Gavin Knight||01/16/2018||$20.00||Julie Attwood||01/15/2018||$50.00||Great cause Greg....good luck with the ride|